This website was created by residents of The St. Luke’s Precinct in an effort to protect our neighbourhood from destructive zoning changes while also deepening our relationship with our area and the people who live here.
This website hopes not to invite negativity or divisiveness. Rather, it is simply an effort to maintain our dream of living in an area we love, and like previous residents through the generations, work hard to maintain, renew and live a quality life respectful of each other.
We believe that the soul of this neighbourhood lies within its unique mix of home styles on single family lots, and the subsequent commonality of the people that this attracts. We feel that the character and zoning of the St. Luke’s Precinct as recognized by the City and Province is worth protecting as it is the foundation for why we live our lives here.
The St. Luke’s Precinct is being threatened to change its zoning by developers with commercial interests. To date the Neighbours have successfully convinced the city and following developments to not change our zone for their proposed developments:
1. Desrochers Developments Cameryn Lanes — an investor group that wished to change the zoning, tear down 8 homes and build higher density dwellings. Find out more and how you can help protect your neighbourhood here.
2. Mattwood Construction — a builder developer looked at severing 508 Hager Avenue into 3 lots and building towns/condos/semis that would have required a zone change — They concluded to build 2 detached homes and NO zone change was necessary. Find out more here.
Where are we?
The St. Luke’s Precinct is a distinct area as recognized by the City of Burlington. It is bordered on four sides roughly between Brant Street and Clarke Avenue at the sides and Central High School to Lakeshore Road top to bottom.
The City of Burlington defines the protected St. Luke’s Precinct in this fact sheet: http://cms.burlington.ca/Asset1688.aspx
Download or Preview a map of the St. Luke’s Precinct here.
Public meeting Nov 13 on proposed redevelopment of Locust/Elgin
Date: Nov 13, 7pm, Rm 305, City Hall
Residents of St. Luke's Precinct, please attend this meeting and voice your opinion on this development that so far proposes to require zoning changes. Zone changes anywhere within the precinct will cause a precedent of further zone change as stated by planning. Hang on to your zoning and protect your hood.
Stay tuned for more info.
A neighbour of the St. Luke's Precinct has informed us that surveyors have been measuring the Dalewood Apartments property at 1367 Elgin Street.
Part or all if this property is owned by Maurice Desrochers development group / Executive Furnished Rentals. Desrochers has previously indicated a desire to rezone this property for 8 story condominiums.
A site rezone of this nature would mean a precedent rezone for the whole precinct.
Stay tuned for more information.
Confirmation from the city is that the developer is intending on building 2 detached single family homes. They have begun the first on the south most lot but have yet to propose a plan for the 2nd. This first house will conform to the current zoning and needs only minor variance approval.
- 546 Burlington Ave. Development
- Farmacia Online Barata En España Para Comprar Chloroquine Covid 19 Os Mercado De San Pedro
- Αγορα Chloroquine Phosphate Χωρις Συνταγη | Chloroquine Phosphate Farmakeio Online Ρίζοςville
- Comprare Chloroquine Coronavirus Online | Comprare Chloroquine Coronavirus Senza Ricetta A Basso Costo Naomi Laziale
- Chloroquine Covid 19 Rezeptfrei Kaufen | Online Apotheke Freital